Icons of Villainy
11th Annual ‘Medievalism Transformed’ Conference, 12th-14th June 2015
Villainy and its portrayal in the Medieval and Early Modern world
The 11th annual ‘Medievalism Transformed’ conference will focus on villainy. Paper proposals are welcome from undergraduates, postgraduates and early career scholars. Topics may include but will not be limited to:
- Villainy and gender
- The place of violence in a villain’s world
- The psychology of villainy
- Villainy and the concept of Otherness
- Historical villains and their influence
- Propaganda and villainy
- Religious villainy
- The influence of medieval villainy on subsequent culture and thought
Please send abstracts of 200-300 words to firstname.lastname@example.org for papers no longer than 20 minutes by Tuesday 7th April 2015. Proposals should be accompanied by your name, institutional affiliation, email address, and contact information. Please also specify any audio/ visual requirements.
Or alternatively contact us directly by emailing email@example.com.